Thursday, September 28, 2017

Pumpkin Guy and Kitty

Eeeeek! It is nearly October! I am both excited about that and surprised at how quickly September vanished. It has been a very busy time for me, but I managed to carve out time to get this paper clay Pumpkin Guy finished. I made his head some time ago but lost interest (or maybe that giant grin was just too much at the time) but after getting another look at him, I figured. "eh, why not?" So, I plunked his noggin on a wire armature, covered the wire with floral tape, painted his arms and legs, added a felt body over the wire, stuffed the body, then sewed clothes over the body.


Such a dapper looking fellow! He has polymer clay shoes and ribbon suspenders, and teensy buttons from Alpha Stamps. They are so small! The most difficult and time-consuming thing was deciding on what Pumpkin Guy was going to hold. Eventually, I settled on needle felting him a buddy with a candy corn tail. Needle felting is still a mystery to me but I like the surprise after finishing something. Sometimes it goes well, and sometimes it looks like I should never try this ever again. The kitty didn't turn out looking like The Blob so I stuck him in Guy's arm.



Happy almost October!

No comments:

Post a Comment