Saturday, January 20, 2018

Kay Meets the Snow Queen and a Winter Spool

This month's kit from Alpha Stamps is just perfect for January; it celebrates the beauty of The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen, one of my all-time favorite fairy tales. The kit includes a Taj Mahal window card, lots of wintry papers, and snowflakes for embellishment. I used the kit and a 4 x 6 shadowbox to make a Snow Queen scene.


After assembling the shadowbox, I covered it with paper from the Vintage Winter 6 x 6 collection, slathered a thick layer of Dimensional Snow along the bottom, then stuck glittery trees (from a silver Juniper pick) in the snow. The snow was sprinkled with fine glitter and a besparkled Snow Queen and Kay were added while the dimensional snow was wet. I made a bass wood trim frame for the Taj Mahal card and gessoed the whole thing.


The pretty Snowflake Border made nice corner bits and I glued on a few Flat Back Pearls before splotching on some crackle medium here and there. When that dried, I mixed blue and purple Distress Ink with water and painted over the crackle medium. It reminded me of ice or the hobgoblin's cracked mirror from The Snow Queen




The painted silver feet and a sign were glued on, making this a quickie evening craft. 

And because I love the Vintage Winter paper, and there was still wine in my glass, I decided to make a little spool angel. 


Here's a glance at the Vintage Winter paper. So pretty!


Happy crafting in 2018!

Supply List for The Snow Queen Shadowbox is HERE.

Supply List for Vintage Winter Spool can be found HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment