Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Easter Shadowboxes

Spring is in the air! The flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing, and the pollen is killing me. Going outside this time of year is completely out of the question, so I have isolated myself to the craft table with Zyrtec and Alpha Stamps Easter Egg Shadowbox kit. The 2" x 3" shadowbox has an egg-shaped cover and makes a sweet little shrine. 



I papered the shadowbox and lid with Cottontail 6x6 Paper pad and added a bit of moss and images from the new Happy Easter and Bunnies and Violets collage sheets.



I made a wee paintbrush from a toothpick and bristles from an old paintbrush. The rabbit has a teacup of paint for decorating the eggs in his basket. An upturned 1" wooden flowerpot was used as a base, and a few paper flowers finished it off. 




That project was finished so quickly I went ahead and made a lidded gift box using a pretty scalloped edge lid with a bunny silhouette that fits the 3.5" x 5.5" shadowbox. 


All I did for the lid was paint it yellow and glue paper from the Cottontail 6x6 pad on the inside. I love that paper! The shadowbox was covered with Double Dot Passion Fruit paper on the inside and outside. Done!


But what to put in the gift box? I knew I wanted to use the bunny from the Happy Easter collage sheet and settled on nestling her in a painted petit four tin. The tin was given a wire handle to turn it into a basket and then it was filled with grass, flowers, and leaves.



I had a vintage spool with the perfect shade of lavender thread laying about, so I added a crepe paper fringe to the top of the spool before gluing the tin on top. A thin ribbon and vintage button were glued around the spool before it was popped into the gift box.



Here is how to make the easy peasy paper fringe:

Cut thin strips of crepe paper.


Sew down the centre of the paper. Cut fringe.



Since I was making a circle of fringe, I trimmed it along the sewn line and separated the fringe with my fingers before gluing it to the top of my spool.



I also have two other shadowboxes from Alpha Stamps, an Easter chick and another bunny, and the outside world is powdered yellow with pollen, so I am going to stay right here and make something else. Happy Spring! Achoo!

Supply List for The Easter Egg Artist Shrine is HERE and the list for the Spring Giftbox with Bunny Tin can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment