Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Bitty Book of Booze!

Have you seen the new Dapper Gents kit from Alpha Stamps? It includes (nearly) all of my favorite things- retro patterned paper, retro phones and t.v.s, retro men, and ATCs. Does it get any better than that?

It just so happened that I had picked up an assorted bag of miscellaneous ephemera from a favorite consignment shop and in that bag there happened to be a really cool, really retro "Professional Mixing Guide" by the Angostura-Wuppermann Corporation from 1950. That little booklet combined with the Dapper Gents kit (and those saucy gentlemen!) turned into a swell, if not slightly naughty, cocktail recipe book.


Brandy is pretty popular with the gents

I painted a Hidden Drawer Book Box- ATC Size with a color that matched the Dapper Bringing Home the Bacon Scrapbook paper and then covered the front and back with said boss paper. The spine is black cardstock that was punched with a vintage shaped mini punch and I also covered the book's "pages" with black cardstock. My retro Olympia typewriter came in handy for the message on the bottom and I was surprised to find the red ink still vibrant. Relatively.


The spine of the book slides out like a drawer, which is where the ATCs are stored.


I followed the instructions of my mentor and trimmed the chipboard ATCs then rounded the corners as she did, and boy, they look great that way! The front of the cards feature a handsome gentleman and a manly named cocktail that I cut from the "Professional Mixing Guide". Also included are a few randy ladies from the Happy Vintage Housewives collage sheet.


On the back of the card is the mixing instructions for the named cocktail.


Here's what you do to mix a perfect "Stubby Collins":

Don't forget the stir rod!



Go RIGHT HERE to see the list of supplies I used.  Cheers to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment