Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Odd Little Ghoul and Charming Jack

I have this bin that lives under my craft table. There's actually several bins under there, but this particular one is where I toss all of my reject projects. Things that have been started but looked odd, or I wasn't happy with the way it was going, or lost the motivation to finish, stuff like that. While rifling through the bin looking for something else, I uncovered a sad little guy that needed a paint job and some eyeballs. He also got a stand and is now hanging out on the book case.






Also in the Bin of Doomed Things was an unpainted paperclay pumpkin head and a separate wire armature body with a polka dotted costume. I don't know why I tossed him in there since he was so close to being a completed project. The head was painted and he got a paper stem and wire vine, and then his noggin was glued onto the body. I tied raffia to his hands and feet and painted a little sign for him to hold, and that was it. 




One of my kids suggested painting his nose like a piece of candy corn (so I did) and another kid told me his name is Charming Jack (and so it is). 




Wonder what else is hiding in that bin?

No comments:

Post a Comment