Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cute As a Button Tin and Purrfectly Silly Tags

Alpha Stamps February theme is "Cute As a Button" and that title couldn't be more true. This kit has kitties, vintage sewing images, mini spools, and a ton of great cat buttons.

I was asked to be a guest designer for Alpha Stamps and came up with two completely different (and cute!) projects. First is an altered tin using one of these Big Eye Anime Cat Buttons, which are just too funny! I decided he needed to be the center of attention, so I used a lovely image from this collage sheet to frame the button. The paper used on the tin came from the Sew Lovely 6 x 6 paper pad and I used 6mm doll buttons as a base for the stamped "cute as a button" title. The tin topper includes a painted wooden mini spool, a vintage satin button, and a bow made from pinky peach seam binding. The base is a larger spool covered with more of the Sew Lovely paper and a tiny flower. I couldn't get enough of that paper!





Here's the supply list:



My next project came to me while knitting a hat for a friend. I figured a hand knitted hat needed washing instructions, so these tags were born. (I also kept thinking of those vintage Three Little Kittens  images and HAD to use them for something special.) These adorable tags will add a nice touch to some future gifts.
 

 




Kitties from 3 Little Kittens , Owl and Pussycat, and K is For Kitten collage sheets were cut out, inked on the edges, and glued to tags I cut out from the Sew Lovely paper pad. Have I mentioned how much I am in love with that paper? The tag template was just an ordinary plain gift tag that I traced around.  The edges of the tags were also inked and they were decorated with 4mm doll buttons, 6mm doll buttons, and heart buttons. The kitten washing his mittens got some micro bead bubbles glued in his washtub. A little bit of simple embroidery was stitched on and I typed out some silly sayings to glue to the tag.

 






Supplies List:

Owl and Pussycat collage sheet
3 Little Kittens ATCs collage sheet
K is For Kitten collage sheet
Sew Lovely 6 x 6 paper pad
doll buttons 4mm
doll buttons 6mm
heart buttons 6mm
micro beads- clear




Purrfectly cute.

3 comments:

  1. YOU live in Savannah?? I live in Savannah!! Just found you courtesy of Alpha Stamps. I love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Kitty tags are just too stinking cute!!! I am inspired to try making some myself.... thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! The kitty tags were so fun and the recipients of the knitted gifts had a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete