Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Wonderland Mini Album

 I recently received my April The Mad Hatter's Tea Party Kit along with an amazing set of Ticket Journal Alice Covers from Alpha Stamps! YAY, ALICE! Originally, I had planned on making something with the super cute matchbox facade and matchbox niche (I love those things) but kept coming back to the ticket journal covers. I added a Matchbox Ticket Journal - Tan in between the covers and made a mini book. Mini books are nice, too.





I dabbed pink, blue, white, and gold paint onto the Ticket Journal Covers, and when they were dry, stamped them on the fronts and backs with various stamps. 

Assembling the book is easy peasy.

Choose the order of the characters for your book. The White Rabbit is my Front Cover, Red Queen is the Center, and The Mad Hatter is the Back Cover. Cut the matchbox ticket journal so you have two sections of four pages, like so (I used the TAN matchbox ticket journal in the book, not black):


Attach one end to the back of the Front Cover and the other end to the front of the Middle.



Turn the Middle over and attach the other section to the back, then the other end to the front of the Back Cover. It's really quite simple, just ridiculous to explain!



Use the leftover segment of the matchbox ticket journal as a template to cover the pages. This entire project was begun because I wanted to use the glorious Alice's Tea Party 6x6 paper, so I traced around my template onto the Alice paper, cut the pages out, and used a paper hole punch to cut out the corner notches. 



After that, all you need to do is decorate! Add a few pockets, cut out the tags from the Alice paper if you wish...



Use stickers, chipboard cutouts like the ones found on the Tiny Chipboard Alice Props set,



Then glue a length of ribbon to the front cover, add an image, flowers, charms, whatever you want, and poof! You have a mini album. 

If you're curious to see the supply list, GO HERE.

Now go create!

No comments:

Post a Comment