Sunday, December 4, 2016

Anything From the Trolley, Dears?

I participated in a Harry Potter Holidays Swap over on Craftster and after rummaging through my stash, I came across an ancient tea cart kit that screamed Honeydukes Trolley. Researching the different kinds of sweets that were going to go on the cart lead me to an amazing Honeydukes Trolley on 19th Day Miniatures. The artist, Tara, had used the very same tea cart I had, and because I wasn't capable of envisioning a better version, I chose to replicate her paint job for my cart. I love those colors!




Most of the candies are made from polymer clay, like the chocolate frogs, pumpkin pasties, cauldron cakes, swirly lollipops, fizzing whizbees, chocolate wands, gummy snakes, Bertie Bott's beans, sherbet lemon drops, licorice wands, and white chocolate owls. The heart shaped and pink swirled candies were cut from pre-made polymer clay canes, and the sugar quills and Drooble's gum are plastic beads. All of the jars, bottles, and pots are from Alpha Stamps, and you can find the tea cart there, too! 





Look at the doofy chocolate frogs! They must have had a newly employed wizard at the chocolate factory the day those were made! However, it looks much better than my attempt at hand sculpting one, which turned out looking more like a rabbit pellet with eyeballs. I used some EasyMold Silicone Putty and a Lego toad to make a mold, and was satisfied (mostly) with the results. The white chocolate owls were made the same way, and I liked how they came out much better.













Hope your holidays are magical!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    Can you tell me the paint you used and the colors? I would like to get as close as possible to duplicating the colors in this cart.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete