Saturday, December 3, 2016

Mini Silhouette House

Alpha Stamps has a new House Room Box with four tiny rooms to decorate. How cool is that? The best part is it the deer silhouette that fits over the top portion of the house. You can glue a snippet of tissue paper or vellum between the silhouette and the spacer piece then add an LED tealight to the attic of the house. Everything is better when it glows.





 My brain couldn't get passed "silhouette" so I continued the theme and chopped several of the Ornament Layers away from the frames, painted them black, then glued them in the rooms of the house. The little girl on the stairs is my favorite because she is shadowed behind the lit tree. Creating the tree is as easy as pie, and it took about 5 minutes. After painting my tree black, I cut out a section of thin plastic (mine is toy packaging) and glued it to the back of the tree. I colored the ornaments and tinsel with Sharpies. That's it. 






Taking pictures this week has not made me jolly at all, but here's my attempt at showing how the silhouette cut outs are glued in the cubbies.




Fuzzy Santa

To keep the Deer Silhouette in place, I trimmed two dowels, turned the house on its back, then placed the dowels in the bottom corners of the attic. Place a dab of glue on the ends of the dowels and then set the deer silhouette in place, pressing it into the glue a little. Let dry. That was my lazy solution for attaching the attic. 





This Mini House would look really cute all decked out for Christmas. Happy crafting!

Supply List: Mini House Room Box w/4 Cubbies
Deer Attic Silhouette 
Christmas Delivery 6x6 Paper Pad
White Suede Paper
Dimensional Snow Writer
Diamond Stickles
Fairy Candle Ornament Layers
Flying Sleigh Ornament Layers
Ice Skaters Ornament Layers
Stairs Christmas Morning Ornament Layers
Mini String of Fairy Lights
Tea Light


No comments:

Post a Comment