Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Rainbow Flower Box

When I received the Tiny Tote Box from Alpha Stamps, which is itty bitty and perfectly cute btw, I knew it needed to be overflowing with a rainbow of flowers. While forging ahead with my original plan, I realized this is a versatile little piece and can be used for a variety of things. A decorative firewood box for a dollhouse? Sure. A place for faeries to store their berry harvest? Oh, yeah. A collection bin for miscellaneous scrolls belonging to Dumbledore? I can see it. But this tote, which measures 1 1/2" tall by 1 3/4" wide by 1 1/2" deep, was meant for a rainbow of flowers!




This project is easy peasy. I assembled and painted the tote with white acrylic paint, free-handed a few decorative lines with an assortment of colored sharpies, glued a square of florist foam inside the tote, then added a rainbow of different flowers. To finish it off, I plopped a super cute Big Eye Anime Cat Button in the center. I've hoarded that little guy for quite some time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to use him, and I believe this was the reason he's hung around so long. (It helps that he's so darn cute too.) 

So there you go, one lightning-fast project full of color and happiness! 

Supply list can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment